Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Renewed Faith




Yesterday was a tough day for me to put together a column because I brought my 8 year old son to his first NFL game to see our beloved Cowboys blow another sure win against the NY Jets . He picked a great first game to be at because this one was an instant classic . We got back so late I was too tired for anything .

But I have to tell you , I was a little worried because I wasnt going to deprive my son who is a huge Cowboy fan like his old man the opportunity to wear all his Cowboys gear to the game to support his team but I have been to NY too many times and know how these scumbag fans usually are . But I figured I would take my chances and we would wear our stuff and see what happens . We met up with Forum member Daveyboy and his crew of Jets fans who have a pretty good tailgate and these guys were all Super nice guys . They really made my kid feel good as they were fooling around with him helping along his experience . The food was great and the company. was too .

As for the game , which was where I was most concerned , We sat in a section where all the people around us were very nice and not confrontational or mean to us at all . The guys were all screwing around with my son and he was screwing around right back with them . Of course there were fights in other sections and all but the guys around my son and I were nothing but cool with us .

Now Giant fans are a different story , they all should have been drowned at birth but these Jets fans renewed my faith in the NY football fans for the moment .



Here we go ......



The 10 Most Bizarre Eating Disorder News Stories




This week's puzzler question in college pigskin - how did FSU drop a place from last week? The facts: Last week they were rated 4th. They won 62-10. They dropped to fifth. WTF?





Retired slugger Manny Ramirez arrested in Florida on battery charges










4 Ways To Shirk Responsibility And Deceive Your Way to Trust




Creature set the all-time record for "Worst Per-Theater Average" for films in 1000 or more theaters.




Carla Gugino shows her bare butt in Esquire Magazine




Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star pulls the highly coveted 0% rating at Rotten Tomatoes




Arizona church is house of prostitution . Hard to tell the difference, with both congregations saying "Oh, God" continuously.





The World Trade Center on record covers - Godspell




You Know What They Say About Hot Girls Doing Yoga Don't You?,.....That they're in pretty darn good shape.




Music Break ...


Welcome to The NEW Daily Column!!